CHARACTER DESIGN SAMURAI JACK

CHARACTER DESIGN SAMURAI JACK

I begin the research by watched several episodes of Samurai Jack on YouTube, then I start my sketch on paper and later do the final design using Adobe Illustrator. Firstly I designed the female samurai that has the potential of being Jack’s relationship partner in the future.
 The initial design on the left was in a normal form. The critic I got from the professor is that I need to push all the shape into the extreme. For woman character, her waist needs to be very thin, and the dress is elegant. Every stroke should be curved, and the proportion of the figure needs to be exaggerated and show strong characteristics. The right side is the draft after the change, which reflects the critic.

The same idea applies to the sidekick and villain character as well. After the first try out, I am familiar with the curved line and understand better of changing the proportion of objects.
The justice characters better use round shapes. However, the villain character requires to use sharp edges to make it looks horrible and frightening.
Below are the finished final pieces coloured in AI:
 Woman Samurai
 Apprentice
Villain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AnkiDroid UI Redesign Project

Maya, C4D 3D Modelling Showcase

Web Design- Restaurant Website